About this job
皇冠hg0088代理网址As a Backend Engineer you build Forto's backbone that supports global scalability, reliable operations and a high degree of automation.
- You build quoting and routing algorithms to calculate prices for moving goods globally, e.g. what does it cost and how long does it take to move 150 bikes from Taiwan to Berlin via airplane?
- You ingest live tracking data of ships, trucks and airplanes to infer meaningful actions on the supply chain, e.g. re-routing shipments when a ship arrives late
- You build a platform that makes global logistics easy, enabling our customers to focus on their core business, e.g. by providing them with a visual dashboard and map of their supply chain for actionable insights at any time
- You automate processes to lift the degree of automation from 5% to 90% - killing faxes, emails, and phone calls from logistics once and for all
- You build complex APIs to connect our partners and customers, e.g. for sending a truck through Europe, without ever talking to the driver
- You build scalable and extendable event-driven microservice architectures with advanced patterns like CQRS and event sourcing
What you bring
- You have at least two years of industry experience in Software Engineering
- You worked with large scale architectural patterns, event-driven microservices, well-designed APIs and efficient algorithms
- You have good communication skills and fluent level of english
- You are a strong team player with hands-on personality
- You ideally have some of the back-end technologies NodeJS, MongoDB, queuing systems
Why Us - You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through a strong ownership from the first day on you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps of being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different background from Tech, Logistics, Business. What really matters to us is caring and welcoming environment where we embrance uniqueness and not only straight CV's.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made fast and knowledge sharing as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
皇冠hg0088代理网址Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: . At Forto, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Life at Forto GmbH
About Forto GmbH
Simplifying global trade is Forto's mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable logistics technologies that allows users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 250 technology and logistics experts at the eight locations, together with financing totaling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth.
- Fresh fruit, coffee, muesli and drinks
- Weekly Monday breakfasts and Friday team events
- Wonderful, green office space, with a terrace for barbecues
- Subsidised sports activities