About this job
皇冠hg0088代理网址Our Ascend vision is to create life opportunities with innovative digital services. We are blessed to be operating in ASEAN, where we are able to help one of the world’s largest populations of underbanked, the people from some of the poorest provinces who are disregarded by traditional banks. So many lives are waiting for our help.
皇冠hg0088代理网址In 2017, we served over 30 million customers in 6 countries (Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines), and processed over 4.5 billion USD. This makes us by far the largest fintech company in SE Asia, and growing quickly.
皇冠hg0088代理网址As a member of our Software Architect team, you will be helping to bring this vision to reality by leveraging software development practises to build product for millions of Wallet customer. You will be researching, innovating and coding new things. As well as coaching the engineering team to boost up development skills to build product with quality. At Ascend, you will be part of an enthusiastic team who are directly responsible for improving the lives of millions.
- Define all aspects of software development, roadmaps, guidelines, standards and communicate to engineers, quality assurance and operation teams
- Develop high level system design with attention to system integration and microservice architecture
- Possess an understanding of cloud-native architectures, and be familiar with implementations involving service discovery, circuit breakers, client side load balancing, and other architectural patterns related to elastic infrastructure
- Partnering with engineers across the organization to leverage software engineering practises, concepts and standards in product development
- Identify emerging technologies and best practises, research and develop prototypes and promote to production
- Participate in, and help create, a company culture which attracts, retains, and coaches other engineers/architects. The primary deliverable is to build more successful engineers
Essential Skills & Prerequisites
- A positive, can-do attitude, who naturally expresses a high degree of empathy to others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. We are more interested in passion for technology and what you are capable of, than we are academic qualification
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in building mission critical applications from scratch, and decomposing monolithic applications into smaller services
- Good communication skills, abilities to discuss with technical and non-technical people, present ideas and motivate people
- Experience with a broad mix of technologies, including a strong subset of:
- Core Java 8,9, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, NetflixOSS
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, ELK)
- Messaging or streaming middleware such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Cloud platform such as AWS or GCP
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience with distributed architectures, SOA, microservices and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Experience with Agile and Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies.
- Familiarity with containers and their technologies such as Docker
- Familiarity with container orchestration technologies such as Mesos and Kubernetes
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performance systems.
Life at Ascend Group
About Ascend Group
Who we are and what we do
皇冠hg0088代理网址Ascend Group is more than just a family of technology companies: it’s about being part of the change to create better opportunities for millions of lives and businesses in Southeast Asia.
At the heart of our belief is the passion to unleash the power of technology to transform the standards of living and businesses in the region. We are committed to using technology to redefine the way people live, work, pay, enjoy and do business each day. To us, they are the means by which we can effectively solve the problems that people and businesses in our region face each day.
Harnessing the power of innovative technology, data analytics, and robust platforms, Ascend Group operates through its subsidiary companies that includes: Ascend Money (FinTech for the underserved population), Ascend Commerce (e-Commerce, e-Procurement, Fulfilment and Digital Marketing Services for consumers, SMEs and corporations) and True IDC (Data Center and Cloud Services for corporations). Founded in Bangkok, Thailand, Ascend Group’s companies have now expanded across the region with local operations in Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
皇冠hg0088代理网址Collaborating with world-class tech talents, reputable partners, regulators and communities across the region, we aim to create better opportunities for all in Southeast Asia today and the future through digital services and infrastructure.
If you want to be part of the change to transform our region towards brighter tomorrows, we welcome you to apply and join our team today!
- Competitive compensation with performance bonus
- Provident Fund & Financial Support Benefits
- Employee Privilege TRUE's products discount 50%
- Dynamic social and international working environment
- Free Breakfast every Monday
- Located in tech/start-up hub with access to public transporations
- Upto 15 days of leaves per year (business & holiday)
- Company-wide medical, accident & life insurance
- Annual health check-up package
- Flexible working hours