About this job
Our platform is a SaaS application written in Scala that serves our Angular Typescript web application and C# Microsoft Office plugin (yes we like strong static typing). We manage our (AWS at the moment) infrastructure as code: if it's not under version control in git, it does not exist. And the other way around.
皇冠hg0088代理网址We expect you to have an opinion on tech. We expect you to pick your own hardware and operating system, because that's how you get productive. Having the best tools at your disposal, you're prepared to question everything you see and do not understand. If it can be improved, you’ll re-prioritise and start improving ZIVVER from within.
- Ubuntu doesn't count as a real distro. ()
- You are still considering to give Gentoo another chance but you never do.
- You refer to container technology as 'cgroups' rather than 'Docker'.
- You sort you config files alphabetically. Always.
- You noticed this last bullet point is the only one that's not sorted.
A day at HQ
皇冠hg0088代理网址You're entering the office around 9.30h. Usually, you're earlier, but because of the rainy weather you decided to grab you first coffee at home while checking the output of the daily backup tasks. The backup of GitLab failed because the server ran out of temp disk space.
Once you arrive at the office a colleague already removed some old log files and restarted the backup task. This allows you to focus on the database locking issue you discovered yesterday. After querying the application logs in Kibana you come to the conclusion that one code path in the backend can easily be consolidated to do only one write operation instead of two. You write a fix and a test and you ask backend engineer from the End User team to review your code. It's time to have lunch because in the afternoon you have a meeting on how to set up and improve the auto scaling of the backend service.
Later in the afternoon you discuss the performance and platform related bug reports during the daily stand up. Your review of this morning was accepted, but your peer insisted on writing better scaladoc. After adding a few useful comment lines you merge your branch. A release to production can wait for tomorrow, so it's time to go home.
- Overall management of our infrastructure running on AWS.
- Product (dev)operations required to meet SLAs.
- Design of a scalable platform.
- Keep up with the pace of our fast growing company.
- Choose your own hardware
- Beautiful top-floor office in Amsterdam
- Flexible working hours
- Flex holidays
- Pension thingy
- After-work beers in our in-office bar
- Diverse international team
皇冠hg0088代理网址Skills / degrees
- Knowledge of Linux: you can, but don't want to compile your own kernel.
- You know what all the acronyms of AWS' services and have experience with at least 5 of them.
- Experience with Ansible & Terraform
- Experience with JVM-related technology, preferably Scala.
- Masters degree in computer science or something even more complicated.
Attitude / Personality
- Security and privacy is your first and main concern.
- You're an engineer that can code like a coder, but not a coder.
- Proud of successes, peeved by mistakes, resilient to recover and learn.
- Straight forward, direct, but respectful with a big smile.
Life at ZIVVER
Organisations are increasingly working with digital data. They exchange sensitive information with an increasing number of parties. This creates a lot of new added value, but the risk rises as well. ZIVVER meets the growing demand for security, privacy, efficiency, and user-friendliness in information sharing.
皇冠hg0088代理网址ZIVVER is a user-friendly solution for secure email and file transfer, straight from your familiar email programme. This enables you to prevent human errors, encrypt your data against hackers and keep control of the information sent. Go to for more information.
- Unlimited holiday (at the approval of the manager)
- Unlimited work from home ( company avg. of 3/4 days per month)
- Travel to the office covered, and subsidised for those who drive.
- Free lunch
- Monthly team events and regular social activities
- An exciting, fast-growing environment
- Relocation package, and full assistance to make your life easier.
- €1000 personal development budget
- Next-gen pension fund
- Free beers, drinks and a fully stocked bar!