About this job
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
皇冠hg0088代理网址We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Our analytics team pushes the boundaries of technology. We tackle challenging problems in the fields of data engineering, data science, and machine learning research to develop solutions from early prototypes to fully-fledged production-ready systems. We are looking to recruit a diverse group to be able to best handle novel challenges in the emerging market of the Internet of Things. Currently we are seeking a Backend Developer/Data Engineer to join our team and be based in our Munich office.
- Help relayr build the world's most advanced IoT Cloud Platform.
- Design, develop and improve microservices and data processing pipelines in our analytics/machine learning backend using the latest technologies.
- Be customer focused and translate business requirements into technological solutions.
- Take part in architecture and code reviews to develop solutions that are simple, functional and sustainable.
- Collaborate with other teams to define new features and continuously improve internal systems.
- Work with QA and DevOps in the development, testing and deployment of services.
- Work together with data scientists to design large-scale machine learning systems.
- You have 3+ years of experience in backend engineering
- You have strong knowledge of Python or Java
- You have experience developing microservice architecture
- You have a good understanding of designing and scaling distributed systems
- You have experience working with SQL and/or NoSQL databases, messaging queues (e.g. Kafka) and large scale data processing (e.g. Apache Spark)
- You are able to work in a structured manner and care about your contribution end to end
- You have a very good command of the English language
- Flexible office environment and a modern office located in Central Tower of Munich with a relaxation room, standing-desks, and free fruits and drinks
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- We fully support your move to Munich with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 25 paid vacation days + public holidays
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive.We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.
Life at relayr GmbH
About relayr GmbH
Relayr is a rapidly-growing company, delivering the most complete IoT solutions on the market for the digital transformation of industries. We unleash more data from your existing machines and systems – from data inception to data insights – to improve your business outcomes. Our protocol-agnostic IoT middleware platform, device management and data analytics capabilities, and agile professional services teams are trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With relayr, any industry is empowered to implement fully interoperable IoT solutions guaranteed to achieve their target business outcomes. Smarter connectivity. Better business outcomes. Guaranteed.
- Competitive Salary
- Choice of high-end Mac/Linux hardware
- German Language Classes at beginner, intermediate and advanced level
- Flexible office environment, work-life balance, home office
- A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences
- Awesome co-workers from every corner of the world
- Free Soft Drinks
- Great Office Location
- Casual Workplace