About this job
Please note that due to the current climate, you would be working from home for the foreseeable future.
We’re a rapidly growing small business, based in Paddington. We’re looking for a highly ambitious and motivated senior developer to join our team in London. You’ll be responsible for supporting our clients as they integrate with our software, as well as project managing alongside our tech team.
Vamoos’ solutions aim to upgrade the travel and hospitality sector with technical solutions that will change the way people travel. As part of Vamoos’ technology team, you’ll be part of a team, leading the work to change the way people explore the world.
You’ll be working with our CTO, with 20 years’ experience with large web-scale projects, so this is a great opportunity for someone to keep developing their skills and accelerate their professional development.
- Develop and maintain our backend platform, written in Node.JS. This is an extensive platform integrating all aspects of travel and accommodation, providing API services to all our mobile applications, Web portals and 3rd party integrations
- Maintain our AWS based infrastructure, including managing scalability, security and data structures
- Assist our CTO in strategic work defining the next versions of our technology
For the right person, our specifications are flexible however it is likely that you would possess the following skills:
- 4+ years of experience in backend development
- A good understanding of NodeJS, Lambda, Express, GIT
- Solid experience with systems integration using JSON and REST APIs
- Experience with AWS (and ideally other cloud infrastructure providers)
- Intermediate to expert level of knowledge of Linux, MySQL, load balancing and DNS
- Some knowledge of NoSQL databases, In-memory caches, queue and notification systems, automatic scaling, monitoring systems, common protocols (email)
- Contribute your own ideas to any part of the business. This is a small team and ideas are always welcome!
According to our staff, one of the biggest benefits of working at Vamoos is the pleasure of working with such a great team. We work in a relaxed but motivated environment, supporting and learning from each other along the way.
We enjoy regular socials outside of work but also love helping each other to develop and being seen as an important cog in the Vamoos business.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday
- Cycle & EMI scheme opportunities
- Modern and high-end office facilities (WFH for now)
- Work within a fun and friendly environment
- Social events such as running club, yoga and pub outings
- Summer & Christmas parties
- Opportunity to professionally develop, make the job your own and make a difference!