About this job
Container Shipping: An industry with huge potential to make a difference
90% of all goods globally are transported through a container. The largest container vessels are 400 meters long and can transport more than 23,000 containers at a time. The container shipping industry is the backbone and enabler of global trade, but it is struggling. The industry suffers from operational inefficiencies as 50%+ of all container vessels globally are delayed coming into port, and key planning processes are done manually on a global scale. This results in high operational costs, lost revenue, and unnecessarily high greenhouse gas emissions. At Portchain, we work closely with our customers to reduce operational complexity and optimize planning through software and innovative analytics.
Portchain is an exciting fast growing tech company where you will work with an incredible team on applications with a truly global impact. We are therefore seeking a talented Principal Software Engineer to join our expanding software engineering team that uses data, mathematical modeling, machine learning, and optimization to support our users in getting full transparency on their operations and make better planning decisions
皇冠hg0088代理网址This is a role that involves architecture and hands on programming. You will support the product’s technical roadmap, and take part in the development process by working with the development team to design and build advanced features into our products and ensure these are robust and reliable in 24/7 operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyse and review the code base to ensure security and scalability
- Suggest and plan for improvements of the code base with the Team Lead and Head of Engineering
- Guide problem solving and architectural decisions within the team and across the company
- Participate in the development of new features and maintenance of the code base. This includes code reviews and actual programming
- Maintain and improve code integrity and maintainability
- 15 years of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: Node.js, React, TypeScript
- Experience in building and organizing distributed systems
- Ability to write well structured architecture documents
- Good knowledge of technology across several domains
- Previous professional experience working remotely
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Energized by complex and creative individual and team problem solving
- Experience with Python
- Experience with building B2B and consumer quality products, enabling business capability and goals through technology
皇冠hg0088代理网址Portchain () is a Danish startup founded in 2017 by three McKinsey alums with the goal to solve the hardest planning problems in container shipping through software and industrial analytics. We apply cutting-edge machine learning and optimization through an industry leading customer experience to container carriers and terminals to optimize their key planning processes and create a step-change in productivity.
Portchain’s customers include several global top-5 companies, supported by our quickly growing 25 person international team from 8 countries (). In addition, Portchain has closed a multi-million dollar seed round together with prominent investors, and has received several prestigious grants e.g.,the European Union’s innovation fund Horizon 2020 together with 50 other companies across Europe out of 1,600+ applying companies.