About this job
Are you passionate about creating good user experiences on the web? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making design tools accessible and powerful. We are dedicated to continually pushing the boundaries of urban design and planning, and you can play a key role in our mission. At the Esri R&D Center-Zurich, we develop innovative urban planning software such as CityEngine and the new ArcGIS Urban. We are looking for creative, smart engineers to help us build the next generation of urban planning tools. As a software engineer at Esri you will be solving challenges that make a difference in the world.
- Lead the vision, design, and implementation of new simulation tools for ArcGIS Urban using cutting-edge technologies
- Help bring CityEngine 3D procedural technology to the web
- Apply and promote software engineering best practices
- Work in a small and dynamic team of people passionate about what they do
- Help shape the future of urban planning
- Excellent programming skills in any modern programming language
- 2+ years of industry experience in software development
- Excellent communication skills: you can clearly articulate the reasons behind design decisions
- Ability to think creatively
- Master’s or PhD in computer science, geomatics engineering, or equivalent experience
- Existing work authorization for Switzerland
- Experience with (or interest in) topics such as traffic simulation, routing, wind simulation, solar potential, shadow analysis, crowd simulation
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS in general
- Good spatial sense and intuition for the aesthetics and technical aspects of information visualization
- Experience with Agile software development methods (Scrum, etc.)
Our Zurich team enjoys:
- Free lunches and fresh fruit
- Free coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Fun team activities
- Competitive salary
- 40-hour work week
- Flexible working hours
- Dynamic, fast-growing international team
Questions about our interview process? .
Life at Esri
The World’s Operating Manual
If the earth came with an instruction manual, geography would be Chapter 1. Essentially, we’re all just trying to keep civilization going, and Esri invented a way to sustain society on an operational level using maps to preempt and solve problems.
皇冠hg0088代理网址There’s no lack of that need assistance achieving operational health and even saving lives. We call that “job security.”
Strength in Numbers
- We have 4,000 employees, with 1,100 on our dev and product teams—and growing!
- 350,000 organizations around the world rely on our software.
- We’ve pledged $1 billion in STEM software to 100,000 K-12 schools and have supported 13,000 nonprofits around the world.
- We spend almost 30% of our annual revenue on R&D.
- Our ArcGIS product suite has been localized in more than 30 languages.
"Data meets geography at Esri, a billion-dollar company whose mapping technology enables feats like predicting flash floods, managing supply chains in real time, and cutting disease outbreaks off at the pass." --Fast Company
- 100% of medical, RX, dental & vision premiums paid
- 401(k), profit sharing & flexible spending plan
- Flexible schedules for work-life balance
- Get in a quick workout in our onsite gym, available 24/7
- Incentives for employees who carpool, bike, or walk to work
- Ongoing learning: we offer technical training & tuition reimbursement
- Discounts to 130+ local merchants & attractions
- Onsite cafe with international cuisine and Starbucks bar
- Interact with Esri customers at the annual DevSummit in Palm Springs
- Create software that makes a difference!